Ugh! I feel S L O W. Unable to type, or ... think... in normal fashion. I feel sort of caveman-ish. Neanderthal with technology. Listen, as I bang keys with my thumbs: "CLICK! CLICK! CLACK."
Think I might be experiencing post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas overload: Too much family... too many details... so much stuff, happening so soon... too, too much!
I've had a nice time in the last five/ six days, actually. I ate so often! (The first "Turkey Day" dinner included no actual turkey, but I was very thankful. I think that counts.) And I had time off. Really, really OFF -- not just time to run around like a crazy person and think I should be doing something else. I checked out. "NO MORE COM-POO-TER FOR YOU!" as Miles says. (Come to think, he is kind-of like a small Soup Nazi.)
I wore pajamas the better part of one day. I went outdoors in my pink terrycloth bathrobe. (Weird for drivers-by, I know. I need to hunch over or carry empty gallon jugs when I play Crazy Old Lady of the Neighborhood. Able-bodied me in terry cloth just confuses people.)
So, what was I saying? Yes, yes, I feel S L O W. I think I am actually getting my sea legs (ur, my blog fingers) back as I sit here, but I probably need to ease back into things, nonetheless. No new thoughts till the morrow!
(Actually, I may rarely have "new" thoughts. A Yoga teacher friend of my friend told me that 95% of the things people -- OK, it might have been women, specifically -- think about every day are the same things they thought about yesterday. And most "things" are events already past or futures that may not come to pass. It sounds very Yoga-ey, I know, I know. But it has practical application.)
OK, where was I, again?! Oh, yes, going to sleep. To sleep, perchance to dream.
I really have to stop typing now. But I CAN'T! It's like I've been sucked into the No-Motion Dimension. Like a Gilmore Girls marathon on ABC Family! A new Entertainment Weekly and Texas Monthly ON THE SAME DAY! I have simply stopped being mobile. I cannot get uuuuuuppp......... Somebody hep (correct spelling; colloquial pronunce.) me! Hep me, PU-LEASE.........
No comments:
Post a Comment