This just in on the Mommie Front: (And I vow right now, I will not blog ONLY about Miles!)
We had another toddler temper tantrum this afternoon, roughly the same time as yesterday's car-tinkering episode. But today, my blood barely reached a simmer -- certainly not a rolling boil. I was suspiciously calm, even as two middle-aged women clucked and giggled (judged? sympathized? who knows!) in the Hobby Lobby as I lugged Pouting Shopper Boy to the car.
During the lift/ sack-o-potatoes carry, M's plastic fire helmet grazed my face just under the eye. That brought out one moment of fire: It's DELICATE skin, I tell you! I suppose I'll have a scar now! And, of course, the child's parents can't be sued to cover cosmetic surgery -- because I AM the child's parent and I know we don't have the cash. But the flame fizzled before we even cleared the handicapped spaces.
What's wrong with me? Why am I so, well, not myself? I have no idea. It certainly ain't emotional growth -- not since yesterday!
I think I am too sick of being grouchy all the time to keep being bothered by EVERYTHING. I may be entering a new phase of toddler management I will call "laissez faire." Live and let live. No government interference.
Bottom line: I don't know why some days I dance, frenetically, on a cliff, and others I placidly stroll the flatlands. I'm just glad today was the latter.
Dear God: Thank you for this day. Thank you for every breathing moment. Help me show grace and gratitude, whether at scary heights or lulling lows, in every season and storm, through fierce activity and soothing calm. In all things, I give thanks....
No comments:
Post a Comment