11.22.2004

The Pot's A-Bubbling Over...

I have many, many thoughts brewing after a busy weekend. If I didn't just have a 30-minute conversation with my dad, I would have a lovely post on volunteerism ready to go.

Instead, I HAVE to return some calls and get down to the business of my life.

A few fast things, first:
#1. Miles vomited on me during a meeting of the Christian Women's Ministries this morning.
Ohmygosh..... SO glad that's never happened before! And, if it NEVER happens again, my kid still has a chance at a sibling. :)
(If the grossness quotient gets too high, I may call a moratorium on more children.)

#2. If my dad's business doesn't take off, I may weigh 200 pounds by springtime.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that... just that I do not appear to be a body that SHOULD weigh 200 pounds.) Really, I cannot get through a phone conversation with him, without chocolate. I know, I know, chocolate affects brain chemistry... but Woah, Howdy!! I don't think medical science is taking seriously enough the ability of the cocoa bean to soothe and empower during difficult times. Dried cranberries, cashews & pistacios, also, may have similar health benefits. (Or, I may have a simple oral fixation. Whichever!)

#3. I have a lot of cooking to do this week!
My, the challenge this presents for the designated sous chef of this household. I don't "cook" at all. I chop. I assemble. I stir. But this is Thanksgiving week, and one thing I can/ need to do is make my mother's portion of the Thursday meal, so she can relax a bit Wed. night. Of course, I've already committed to making dessert for said Wed. night, so now I'm on the hook for actual use-the-oven type cooking, and here we go, folks! Kitchen disaster could well ensue.

(Did I mention -- and of course the answer is no, because I've been too busy to type -- that I was left in charge of chocolate chip cookie baking for my church's big Thanksgiving Banquet? Alarming beeping sounds began to permeate the kitchen somewhere between batches 4 and 9.... They mysteriously stopped and I STILL don't know what went wrong.)

Oh, the pot of my mind is a-bubblin' over. So many things to do! So much left to think about. Very much blogging yet to be done! All I can say in short is that I survived Thanksgiving Banquet kitchen service this past week, and I have rediscovered that I am thankful.... for more than I knew.

Amen!

No comments: