3.01.2005

Today is March 1. Miles' birthday was Feb. 24, and his brithday party was the 26th. Our most recent Milestone came and went, and I was surprisingly unemotional about it. I thought the turning of another year would affect me in that my-baby-is-growing-up kind of way. But, while I occasionally still chew my hands (figuratively) over the fact that our now 3-year-old is still an only child with no baby on the way, I am mostly serene about our family's growth record.

Things will happen when they will happen. And, look, it's not like we're Power Parents just dying to prove ourselves with MORE CHALLENGE! MORE DEPRIVATION! MORE DIAPER CHANGES! Etc, etc. etc. We may initially stink at having two kids. Who knows? We're really still growing into having one! We're only three years old as parents, you know.

We who are this family... we are just three. We are clearly still growing. As Miles sometimes says, in his stream-of-consciousness, paragraph way: "Now I am bigger, but I will also get bigger later. I will. I will get big to become a Big Boy!" (Of course, I must note: When he can't accomplish a task or doesn't want to try, he also says, "I can't do it, because I am Little.")

But to the point: Today, we are bigger. But we will also get bigger later. First we were one. Then we were two. Now we are three.

*


An addition, a few minutes later:
Miles just said to his Daddy: "Hey, wait up, Sport!"
Earlier today, he said to me, "That truck has tools hanging off. Awwww, man, is that weird!"
...Do we talk like this?

No comments: