2.22.2005

Warm-Up Stretches

I gotta get back in the game!

It's been too long.

Like a body that hasn't been exercised, my writer's lobe is all loose and flabby.

To keep with my goal of documenting toddler things, here's a tidbit from 5 minutes ago.
M. was watching TV. "They are picking apples from the apple tree, Mommie! I sure wish we had apples on our trees... so we could pick them and eat them!" (Then softer, to himself, in kind of a whine): " We have NO snacks on our trees!"

Oh, and last night, as M. was jiggling through dinner, we were totally outmanuevered by his cheerful defiance. When the bouncing and arm-flailing (spoon in hand) became un-ignorable, J. asked Miles if he was ready to settle down and eat. (Our mistake, as most-3-year-olds are not known for taking subtle social cues.) The little booger then said, "Uhh... almost, Daddy! But right now, I haffa finish getting my es-curr-size!"
...Just tell me we're not in BIG trouble when it comes to cars and curfews!

Another bon mot from a few days ago, with just a little set up...
We were driving to church school and stopped facing a half-full parking lot.
M says: "Look! WOW! A green motorcycle! It's a Green Lantern one!"
I say: "What? Oh, you mean, it belongs to the super hero Green Lantern? Like on your jigsaw puzzle?"
Miles: "Yeah! It's a superhero one! But where are all the other superheros, Mommie?
Me: "Mmmm" (shrug).
Miles: "I guess they're at work. Ahh, man! That's too bad."

Speaking of, I have been working on a few drafts but making not much progress. Sometimes life is like that! I've also had mixed success with my "real job" of late -- some productive flashes and some l-o-n-g days where it's one step forward, one step back.

Miles turns three this week, and I think I am having a crisis because of it. More later, when I am not late for three commitments and being asked to do "art projecks" all at the same time....

No comments: