G: "Umm... maybe a little."
M: "OK, well... You should use a toothpick!"
G: "OH! You mean a Q-tip?"
M: "Yeah, a Quuue-tip. They're little sticks that are very scratchy on the ends. You just stick 'em in there and ... (he wrinkles his brow, scrunches his nose, then dramatically turns his wrist) ... TWIST!"
So my day began, straight out of the shower with a slightly violent take on routine personal hygiene.
Other gems, from today and recently:
M: "We need a new house because our house is old, right? And too little, right?"
G: "Yes, honey."
M: "And when we get a new one, some other people will move into our house.
...And I guess they'll just throw away their old house."
G: "What?" (I've noticed I say this a lot.)
M: "Yep. They will. In a VERY BIG trash can."
As Jer and I are talking, I'm try to parlay exhaustion into permissiveness. Miles keenly observes.
G: "So... if you're just agreeing with everything, can we get a kitten when we move into our new house?"
J: "Uuhngh."
G: "OK. How about TWO kittens!?"
M: "OH! OH! I haf a idea! How about double-you kittens!"
G: "Double-you kittens? Like, the letter W?"
M: "Yeah! See?" (Holds up his middle three fingers, with thumb and pinky tucked, and looks intently at them.) "One, two, DUB - EL - YOU!"
I shake my head. I shrug. He's weird, but Lord, he's ours! Cheers to Miles and all the little kids whose minds keep time with their own different drummers.
No comments:
Post a Comment