3.15.2005

Memory Scraps

Today, I have no point.

"Nothing to see here, citizens. Back to your lives..."

I have no reason for posting, save the sheer self-indulgence of rounding up and hording a few more thoughts.

I generate so many mental fragments day to day -- memories, observations, wants, to-dos. Like fallen leaves, they litter the ground around me. (I mean this literally, as I have a habit of writing things on Post-It notes. My memory-joggers make perfect sense at the time, but they soon become cryptic little squares of sticky. I stick them to the facing of the shelf above my computer, where they hang until humidity overcomes them. They tend to flutter, one by one, down to the Alpha Pile on my desk, where they get pushed aside in favor of spreadhseets and email printouts. Slowly but surely, they collect in corners or in front of the desk organzier, only to get knocked aside by coffee mugs or file folders and float to the floor... from which they get picked up, puzzled over, and piled once again.

Right now, I am throwing out the notes! ...But not before I transcribe a few.

* Miles thought the crochet snowflakes on our Christmas tree were spiderwebs. His words: "We haf stars and spider webs... All right!"
* I think I could get a good parenting essay out of the day I started talking to Miles' toys. (To remember: Big Bear in the dryer.)
* Miles' first made-up word was "potote."
* Why don't more bloggers write about their spouses? Is is a topic too sacred to parse online?
* To detail later: why food is better in bar format!
* Praying in public: pro or con?
* pay off medical bills
find new insurance policy & pediatrician
make check-up appt. for M. & dematologist appt. for me
(Ophs! Those last few shouldn't have been in the "random" pile. Maybe this helps explain why they never got done.)

All that's all she wrote... for a few days, anyway.

No comments: