So, I'm pretty much a loser. A big, blog-ignoring loser. A blu-ger. (Not to be confused with those little things... oh, nevermind me & my middle school humor.)
It's just that a lot of small, neat, adorably precious moments have passed in my life since March -- not that any of you would know it, the way I fail to post even the slightest mention of them!
I'm determined to do better. Really. Seriously. I have this long list of Miles-isms in my head (if only I could remember the file name under which said document is saved!?) that I could post throughout the summer, even if nothing else happens. But then, something is always happening. Like today, at lunch, when Miles stuck his tongue out at me. I thought he was being rude until I began to glean a word and a gesture in his antics. "See? See dere?" He retracted the organ and said, clearly, "I know what all those little bumps on my tongue are called. Do you? They're called taste-testers. And, BOY, do they work!"
So, see? See dere? Funny stuff happens all the time! I just have to get myself in gear to WRITE IT DOWN when it does.
I have been working on a rather long essay for about half a month now, and I finally decided, just tonight, to just send it out there not quite polished. It's what I can do for myself today. And I need the feeling of having done SOMETHING today. I miss my blog! I miss the very imperfect effort of writing for my blog. I want it all back! And so I will begin, again. Hopefully, I can retrain my family and friends to stop back by on occasion. As any of you do, enjoy the post below. It's nicely (that is, I hope "nicely," and not "overly") personal. And it's been percolating for a while. :)
Hugs and kisses, friends!
3 comments:
So glad to read you again! I have missed you greatly.
Off to read the essay!
I don't see a place to comment on the essay so will say here that I'm sorry for all you've been through, and SO VERY GLAD for the new little one who comes your way! God is good and indeed gives us infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.
Beautiful words, beautiful writing.
Welcome home. :)
Welcome back! I'm right there with you. Just got back on my blog wagon after falling off with no updates since January 1. I'm a loser, too. Funny how life gets in our way when all we want to do is observe it.
Post a Comment