(Or... The Son of Two Coffee Addicts Speaks)
Miles is home sick today. And tonight is the big preschool Christmas pageant in which he, Tejas and Joon Yung are to be Wise Men.
I'm all unnerved, worried that the kid's going to vomit or spike a high fever and thereby miss his big chance to don the musty robes, hold the spray-painted paper towel roll scepter and participate in the time-honored procession of a pint-sized Nativity complete with blue-eyed Baby Jesus doll. (Ahhh, tradition! :) )
So I'm loading him down with children's Tylenol, vitamin C and fluids. Since he's burned out on juice, I just gave him some iced tea, and he said: "But I cannot have Dr. Pepper. I know. That's OK, even though the morether the caffiene, the gooder a drink is!"
"What?!" I ask. "Why do you think that?" Yep, I feigned innocence -- surprise, even -- completely denying our closet cola drinking out of coffee mugs when he was younger, and the many, many trips to Starbucks during which he has learned that "latte" is one of mommy's favorite words.
He just giggled. And THEN he said, "Yep! But the gooder it is, the badder it is for your body! That's pretty funny, huh? The GOODER, the really BADDER!" Tee, hee, hee, hee, hee.....
From the mouths of babes, my friends. From the very sweet-tea-stained lips....
1 comment:
So, Ginger, did he make the gig? Do you have pictures? I would really like to know how it turned out - the three wise-men thing!
Post a Comment