1.12.2007

Where Have I Gone, Joe Dimaggio?

So Miles says today, "I wonder how hard it is to drive a school bus?"
And I say,"Oh, it's hard! I think you have to go to a special bus-driver class, and take a test and everything."
And he says, "Hmm... Yeah...."
Then, more animatedly: "But I was thinkin,' the hardest part, it's probably knowing which school to drive the bus to."

Ahh.... I have missed blogging! Many apologies if any out there (other than the kind, kind Aunt Ellen) have missed the updates. There are times in life I can live through or write about -- but not both at the same time. Daily stuff is using up all my energy right now, and there's hardly anything left for real-live people, much less for the (less-important but still demanding) task of wordcrafting.

I'm fine, though the holiday season is a blur. And, as 2007 dawns, I concede that I have finally acheieved some kind of self-sustaining, perpetual-motion Constantly-Behind-at-Work status. (Go me!)

But I have wiseman pictures, and cute Milesisms, and thoughts and prayers and coming-year hopes... all to share, as soon as I gain the bandwidth. Today (almost right now, actually), I am leaving to staff a high school spiritual retreat weekend, so any further lucid thoughts are out. I'm pretty excited about the event, I would say. But I could also just take a nap and be fine.

Stayed tuned (or just subscribe for updates, in case the untimely wait proves just too BO-RING!) for more exciting news from Days of My Life...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have in deed been checking in on you. Glad you are "home." :)

Anonymous said...

...and I as well. Will wait (im)patiently for pictures!

nikki said...

oh, that Miles! He is brilliant!

Sue said...

thanks for the update!

Have a good retreat.

Anonymous said...

Hope the weekend wasn't too cold and wet. Sorry I didn't know you would be there til it was too late to send you a note.
I do enjoy "visiting" with you and Miles. N's MOM

nikki said...

if it helps, I check every day for a new post. No stress or anything. :)
I just MUST know how the weekend with the teenagers went. LOL!