A bit of dialogue from a recent wintery evening, when the 3 of us snuggled in bed to work on puzzles and build pillow forts (adults then former and child the latter):
"So, Miles, do you like it better when Mommy tickles you or when Daddy tickles you?
Because Mommy tickles kinda softly, like this (indicating that I should provide example)...
... (pause for sound of small giggle)... but I tickle harder, like THIS!" (Pause for complete disruption of cozy snuggling posture and machine-gun bursts of laughter as child is tickled/ bounced/ buried under a pillow-mound of his own making.)
...The flailing and guffawing stop and the boy gasps for air.
"(Heave, sigh...) I like it better when you do it, Daddy."
"Oh, really? (Perhaps I detected a bit of a superior tone... perhaps not.) Why is that?"
"Because I get to laugh morether."
1 comment:
cute cute cute!
Post a Comment