10.17.2006

Movie Maniac Me

So, I have this new kitten, right? And he likes me best among all my family. (This is not a brag. I am hardly ever proud of it and sometimes quite annoyed by it. It is what it is.)

Anyway, Chester is generally a friendly, engaging and endearing animal -- expect when an unsuspecting ankle passes his turf, or an unsuspecting business caller is on the line and would be damaged by my screams of profanity/ agony. These are the moments Chester strikes.

I can't figure out if the razor claws or the dagger teeth are worse -- but neither feels very nice on flesh. Nor do they allow any permanent healing of my scratch-surfaced, puncture-wounded, pock-marked hands. And -- I swear -- this cat is menaically drawn to me while I'm on the phone! Any movement of cord and it's all over. He's on the arm of the chair; he's reached the desk; he's in the air.

In response Chester's rapid attack mode, I have developed a plan I call Operation: Kill-him-with-Kindness. I've develope da cool, almost King-Fu move for when he takes flight, headed for my hands. I swivel my body, grab him and immobilize him against my midsection. Then, still holding firmly, I pet the cat and whisper nice things I don't currently feel. Being a fuzzy lump o' love at his core, Chester pretty much gives up immediately. As long as he gets attention, he will stay and purr.

So here I am all day -- a busy, busy woman of international business, attached to her headset, plotting counterattacks for kittens while playing it smooth in front of her flat screen. Then I recline in my large leather chair, stroking the purring pussy. I might as well be plotting world domination.

...Not seriosuly, but don't you see where I'm going with this? Yes, I have become the very picture of Auric Goldfinger.

No, really. James Bond villian extraordinaire -- that's me. Gimme a signet ring for the pinkie and the picture will be complete. "No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

"Choose your next witticism carefully, Mr. Bond; it may be your last."

What? You don't see it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any post that quotes Bond movies is a winner with me.

Anonymous said...

G,
Have you considered purchaseing any kitty fingernail clippers? These save my ankles and other parts that my K H likes to attack.
And he doesn't seem to mind having his nails/talons groomed. Now the teeth are another matter. N's Mom

nikki said...

trust me, they get over the attack phase and just become lazy lumps. or is that just my Annie?