No time to post. For reals! But as my last writing was kind of somber, and I don't want to leave the blog on a blah note while out of town, here are some random (and I mean, random, random, random!) Miles quotes that have recently made me smile....
To me, after reading a bedtime story: "I like it when the Dad in Spot says, 'Puppy overboard' because he doesn't know Spot is OK. It's just water; it's not like it's cement or anything!"
To Chester the kitty, soon after his arrival: "I know you don't have as many toys as me, but don't worry! We'll get more. This is only your second day."
To Chester, again, after kitty spent his first 10 minutes outside and came back: "You are the bestest cat in all the world. I KNEW you wouldn't leave us forever!"
(My child is a drama prince; I know, I know. Poor thing, though... He comes by the over-emoting honestly.)
To Dad, while snuggling under Dad's chin at a chilly restaurant: "Oh, your beard... it's so cozy!"
To the household, in confident proclamation while coloring and listening to Animal Planet: "Didncha know? Meerkat Manor is coming up next. They call it that because the little ones are still learning their manners."
To me, excitedly and loudly, while I am on the work phone: "Mom! Mom! I think I might want to dress up as Superman and then dress up Chester as Superkitty!"
Oh, I say, why not? Miles probably needs a Superman outfit. He is, after all, my own Boy Wonder.
G'night!
No comments:
Post a Comment