Today, Miles asked (while eating a delicious homemade brownie and watching the Catholic channel): "I wonder what God eats?"
I said, " I don't know... but that's a good question."
He said, "Yeah! I don't know, either, because I've never been up there yet, to check it out!"
I told Miles that, while Jesus lived on Earth, He ate the same things everybody else ate -- fish and bread and wine and fruit and cheese. Which prompted the Pint-Size Deep Thinker to say, "Oh, yeah, fish. I think bears also eat a lot of fish. Hmmm... Bears eat mostly JUST fish, I think."
So I let the conversation drop. No need to force things in a Godly direction. But a few moments later, Miles came to my office door and said, "Maybe God grows trees in Heaven and picks some things off of them, to eat them just because they taste so good."
I wanted to add (but stopped for fear of sounding sacreligious): And maybe God grows brownies on His trees. Maybe. Just because they're yummy. Thus I come to my own, small Monday musing: Chocolate in Heaven.... Can I even imagine how good that has got to be?
No comments:
Post a Comment