9.13.2006

Muse, Where Art Thou?

Inspiration is wonderful when it happens, but the writer must develop an approach for the rest of the time... The wait is simply too long. -- Leonard Bernstein

I love this quote.

I'm working on a "rest-of-the-time" approach right now, actually.... It's going very, very well.

(Does sarcasm wink, flash or smell on screen?)

Anyway: I got cute stuff to say about Miles and the kitty -- who is now offically named Chester. I got stuff goin' on internally, that I should probably try to blog out, just to vent a little sadness and depression. I got church stuff going on and a small reason to feel that God did a good thing through me. Yep, I got a lot -- ALLLLLL in my head. And none of it really wants to come out and play.

Maybe later tonight I can try to coax the words into order, for at least some pressing topics of the day. I may be forced to test Jack London's approach, which is even more blunt than Lenny's. "
You can't wait for inspiration," London says. "You have to go after it with a club."





No comments: