Like most hospital procedures and 7th season sitcoms, it didn't start out so bad. A few sparse, fat drops on Campbell Road. Slightly slick pavement as we turned onto 75. (Remember: Tap those brakes!) We were making good time, cruising along in a fluid, serpentine line of other cars headed out of the Big D.
The stray drops became actual rain -- smooth, transparent sheets of it -- as we navigated overpasses and interchanges for the highways we didn't need. The water flow shifted and slanted a bit as the wind picked up, spray glancing off windshields and making it harder to read road signs after 45. (Good thing the car, like a solid cow pony, knew its way home from there. And, good thing Susie was the lead horse! All I figured I had to do was follow the silver SUV, and keep it between the lines...)
Traffic had slowed by 5 or 10 miles by the time we got to I-30, but the pace wasn't anything alarming. In fact, my first sign of trouble was how very many, many white lights I saw beaming towards us, versus how very few red ones twinkled ahead of us. Hmm... "Well, we don't need to follow the crowd!"I boldly pronounced. "We're fine! Next stop: Grand Prairie." Or, as it turns out is the city ancient Indian name, Vast Water Plain In Time of Downpour.
More tomorrow!
3 comments:
oooh, on pins and needles!!!
oh yeah, I forget, I was there.
jeeze.
how can I follow this?
yikes.
This is the perfect opportunity to use the lead:
"It was a dark and stormy night."
best regards, nice info weight loss from concerta Nurse practitioner and t shirt Adware coolweb dinan bmw Brand name oxycontin 40 mg
Post a Comment