6.20.2006

The Storm Serial, Part I

So D offerred us a bed. A quiet, safe, dry place to sleep for the night.

Before I go all over-the-top about my near-death experience, I really should note that someone in the Circle of Friends offered us an alternative to driving.

Oh, and BT did advise us to wait it out. There is that.

But it was getting late, and we'd already waited. Some. A little. Probably. Bottom line: We had confidence. We did not wait. We did not sleep. We drove.

We walked confidently (well, mostly) out of the house, unlocked our separate cars and basked in the mild, dry sky around us, plus the glow of dome lights and fully-charged cell phone screens. Then we two silly, silly girls roared off to meet the storm.

More later! Must get back to work now....

2 comments:

nikki said...

oooh, I can't wait to see how this ends! OH wait! I was there! :) LOL!

Anonymous said...

HOpe you don't drown!