6.19.2006

Lunchbreak!

I feel like Sam the Sheepdog today. Do you know that Warner Bros. cartoon? I think it was made before anyone's time, but a lot of '70s and '80s kids must have seen an episode or two.

Sam the dog and Ralph the wolf are these mild-mannered, friendly co-workers. They show up at the time-clock together, exchange plesantries, stash their lunches and punch in for the day. Then they fight like, well, sheepdog and wolf until a factory whistle blows and they break for a peaceable lunch. (Poor, never-successful Ralph usually has a few lumps by lunchtime, but he munches his sandwich, decants Thermos coffee and carries on.)

I just heard an internal whistle blow and decided it is LUNCHBREAK time here at the casa de interminable laborar! Therefore, I will put aside the game face, lose the business voice, and RELAX for the next 25 minutes.

I may even leave for a quick loop to the post office and the Subway (where they brew the best sweet tea!). I may crank some music. I MAY go groom my unruly, dried-into-frizzy-curls head. (Mmm... actually not that likely.) Oh, oh -- but I REALLY may dip into that new package of pricey, all-natural Cheetos substitutes. (What can I say? Thoughts of hair automatically lead me to thoughts of snacks! I'd almost always rather munch than straighten. I have no priorities at all -- so NOT a real Southern lady!)

P'shaw the details; this point remains: I am currently ON BREAK! OFF DUTY! Feelin' free! For at least 18 more minutes....

In the meanwhile, enjoy this preview of me after lunch. I'll be the serious, red-topped one holding the disgruntled problems at bay. (Oh, and look at that! My aforementioned hair is remarkably like the sheepdog's today! Can I pick a character reference or can I!?) Ta ra, ta ra!


The image “http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e3/Sam_and_Ralph_choke.png” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

4 comments:

nikki said...

oh poor you!
I hope things get a little better!
till then, enjoy the cheetos.
and thanks for the heads up on the best sweet tea. I didn't know that!
I always thought it was Chick fil a...

GingerBarryBrandt said...

Oh, hey, Susie! I'm fine! I'm actually pretty chipper today. I just play sheepdog when duty calls, then I become happy-go-lucky again.

The Chick has the yummy, yummy tea, too -- it's just a fur piece to drive from my house. I also saw that McDonald's has large sweet tea for $1, but I generally avoid the Golden Arches. That's getting harder as they're promoting Cars merchandise, and Miles LOVES the Cars. More on this later.... And I need to blog re: the rainstorm, doncha think?

A challenge! Let's try to retell the tale of near-death, guilting our friends and spouses in the process. I'll post over at your place next....

Anonymous said...

Tee hee! I love that show. But you can have my Cheetos. ;)

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Camel back toyota phoenix arizona body builders page foods to eat sturbridge and cabinets gay body builders anal sex video Renault megane hatch roof panel Wellbutrin blurred vision klonopin+clonazepam Unique sewing furniture