1.16.2006

The Morether the Merrier

Miles has a new word. His very own superlative, not found in many dictionaries.

"The morether I swing, the higher I get!" he says with glee.

It's strange, because he used to use the words "more" and "less" with Queen's English precision. Suddenly, however, the simple 4-letter more is not good enough. If you've got a lot of something, you've got "morether."

"I have many morether Star Wars action figures than you, Mom, because you don't have ANY."

"I will make morether and morether bubbles until I have THE MOST BUBBLES IN THE WHOLE WORLD in my bath."

Anyone else see a slight bend toward Mama-style embellishment? Just wait 'til he starts to write.... I'll forever be shaking my head and lamenting my genes for all the drama and hyperbole that unfolds in Big Chief tablets.

Oh, this reminds me! I got to see some actual little-kid writing this Sunday. And it was un-hyperbolied perfect! I took up the prayer concern cards and spoke the "prayers of the people" at my church. A 6-year-old named Mary had written:
"It is Valintine s and I wont to give a heart to the pipple" (sic).

I hope I will always wont to give my heart to the pipple. :) All the pipple God puts in my path. And not just on Valentine's. How about you?

No comments: