11.15.2006

Halloween Flashback

I forgot until today that I really meant to post Halloween pictures.

Of course, when I looked at the picture folder, I remembered why I forgot. None were very good.

Nonetheless, M. had great fun dressing up as BOTH Batman and Darth Vader (at different events, different times of the day). This was fine with me because: both figures use the same cape; the Batman mask was from last year; the lightsaber we already had; and it actually gave me great amusement to watch sweet, skinny Miles, top-heavy and bumbling in the oversize Vader mask, wondering how to play the character. He tended to just walk around with his arms out, saying "arrrgh, arrrgh," as if Vader imight be a pirate or mummy.

Anyway: Here are a few images from early in the day.







I call them "Batman Spreads His Wings" and "Crusader With Cat" (alternate title: Another Reason Why Chester Is the Best Sport Ever). I love the motion effect on the first one, even though the image is a bit fuzzy. And I just love the second one.

I wonder what will become the costume of choice next Halloween? Last year it was a skeleton and Batman -- at the same time. Already, after this year, I've heard talk of becoming a viking. (I think he just wants the cool hat.) Whatever Miles chooses, I hope he keep making the choice for years to come. The dress-up is big fun for the mamas. And the memories are what childhood is made of.

2 comments:

Theresa Coleman said...

Delurking and Giving Thanks.
Thanks for being a part of our cyber community. And thanks for the regular Chester updates.
(p)

Theresa Coleman said...

Delurking and Giving Thanks.
Thanks for being a part of our cyber community. And thanks for the regular Chester updates.
(p)