So! Many, many days have passed since my friend's birthday. Which was in a different month. Than we are in now. (But, hey, to gimme a break, the date did fall towards the end of the last one.)
To mark the occasion, I had this great tribute post floating in my head and sort of sketched out in my drafts folder... but it's going nowhere. I just don't have the mental focus to bring it together right now. Again, someday, I'll bring it out. Because we're going to be BFFs for a really long time. Really! I have it all planned. :)
In the meantime, I did think of one thing I would like to post. A song that has a link to a beyond cheesy era of television. The fact that I learned this song watching NBC in the 80s will seriously knock hip points off my world rating, I'm sure, but it's just... so... perfect.. nonetheless. So, Suse, know that I am willing to publicly link myself -- forever! in the unerasable realm of cyberspace -- to Bea Arthur and Estelle Getty, just to deliver these good words. Enjoy!
Thank you for being a friend
...Traveled down that road and back again
Your heart is true,
You're a pal and a confidant
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
Thank you for being a friend...
And if it's a car you lack
I'd surely buy you a Cadillac
Whatever you need
Any time of the day or night
Thank you for being a friend...
And when we both get older
With walking canes and hair of gray
Have no fear even though it's hard to hear
I will stand real close and say
Thank you for being a friend...
2 comments:
Sweet! from S's Mom
AAAwwww... cute! A belated Zoom for me!
That is quite sweet. I am sad to admit that I too love that song, even if it is from Golden Girls!
Oh and I am feeling like such a golden girl these days. LOL!
Post a Comment