The time is now. Now is the time!
(This is kinda like my own version of "carpe diem" -- only lamer. It makes me think of this horrible gardening column I used to edit for a daily newapaper every Wed. night. The column ALWAYS began, "Now's the time..." Each week, I got to edit for space but was banned from improving on the gardening lady's signature opening: "Now's the time..." Oh, so bad! And look at me now. I have become the gardening lady! Next stop: HELMET HAIR!)
Anyway. School has ended (the final day of in-service is over for Jer in about 90 minutes) and the family B. is on SUMMER WATCH! While the season might not yet be official (of course, in Texas, summer hardly waits on a calendar date or an invitation), things already feel lighter and brighter around here. Now, I don't get that much summer time off, myself, but I find I really don't mind. As long as my boys have time on their side, more things get done around the house, and fewer things cause stress in the household.
I will take time for a wedding soon (to celebrate a happy, happy day w/ the darling cousin Andy and bride). And I'll stretch that trip a few extra days.
I have prospects of a great girls' road trip to Arkansas in June. (Yeah, yeah: "great" and "Arkansas" don't seem that compatible to me, either, but I trust the springs are lovely.... ;))
If I can swing it, I'll be at "Biddy's Lake" on July 4. And, my friend Susie and I will no doubt do some shopping before then. (Are you reading this? We must plan a DATE!)
In July, I'm going to teach at VBS for four days and hopefully sneak in a weekend away with my spouse.
Before school starts again, I also have to make several Dallas runs, probably plan another New York trip, and get cranking on some BIG home improvement plans.
By the time August arrives, I hope I'll have been busy for weeks and have LOADS to show for it -- faded beach towels; sun-streaked limbs; Bible School crafts on the fridge; digital photos in random, unsorted folders; new bookshelves and a quietly-closing back door....
In the meantime, just today, I've brewed a BIG batch of iced tea and am walking around barefoot in celebration of all things summer. This is the time, my friends! The time is now....
2 comments:
Yay for summer!! Enjoy!
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Us world tour t-shirt Pharmacy tech online buy tramadol Eating pussy cum weight loss Professional hitting a baseball conference calling porsche 911 Www adverbage com ultram Complications of breast surgery Security management isps ship and port practical pack black dating Callcenter in bremen blackberry 7230 wireless
Post a Comment