5.18.2006

Long Time No Blog

I am back from the belly of the beast.

I have survived a very LONG trip to the home office (as in, my employer's home office, in New York; decidedly not MY home, where I usually office). And I'm well into the daily grind I had left behind.

The not-daily grind was much worse, let me tall ya! Texas soil (or, well, pavement) was a beautiful sight after 6 days in the big city. (I almost crossed and genuflected the Houston intercontinental shuttle bus!) I was becoming an automaton, what with the all-work-and-no-play, 12+ hour workdays.

So, I'm back. And the job is (still!) what it is. And... I just wanted to say... it's not that bad!

I am coping. I am definitely surviving. And I am getting an actual life back, one small step at a time. (Leaving the house to buy lunch helps. Mid-week dinner and a movie w/ girlfriends helps. Baby shower gift-shopping helps. Needing time for the dry cleaner and alterations shop that both close at 6 doesn't help. But ya' take what you can get! :))

Cheers to all the overworked, office-bound Americans out there... another weekend's coming!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Welcome back!