I need to make a list, so, hey, why not make it here?
TO DO TODAY
1. mail 2 baby presents & 2 belated birthday presents
2. mail swatch card & brochure to two accounts
3. record receipts in checkbook (need new register)
4. meeting 6 p.m.
5. SEND GROUP EMAIL REMINDER for Bible study
THIS WEEK
1. FINISH painting entryway shelves
2. make felt/ burlap Jesse tree by Friday lunch
3. find car repair shop
4. make candies/ baked goods for church bazaar -- must shop for packaging
5. lunch meet on Friday
6. 4 p.m. Friday bazaar set-up
7. Sunday food delivery
STILL TO DO
1. mail in boarding passes for frequent flyer credit -- find acct #!
2. book dentist appt for crown work (ugh!)
Oh, let's stop here. To dos suck!
Serendipitously, however, quite another list comes to my mind. I'm listening to 80s and 90s hits via iTunes, and checking a thread about favorite quotes on my industry bulletin board, while I compile today's blog entry. The combination of activities (who says hypertasking is bad?) leads me to a newer, happier list called "Things I used to love, had temporarily forgotten, but am selectively reliving:"
* "Make it so, Number 1."
* country music
* OMD, erasure, Sugar and James
* A "run for the border" -- or Whataburger taquitos with sausage and cheese, oh my!
* accessorizing, especially in winter
* novels at night
* a cat in the house
* short hair (so far, not brave enough to go back)
* vodka martinis (OK, no good martinis on the horizon at the kind of restuarants I frequent, but I can recall, can't I?)
Gotta get to work. It's a bittersweet symphony, that's life. You try to make ends meet; you're a slave to the money then you die...
(I'm still listening to iTunes. Might better stop before I answer the phone with an inappropriate song playing. "I can give you what you want but you got to come home with me. I got some good old lovin' and I got some honest dough..." Yeah. No.)
No comments:
Post a Comment