9.20.2005

Blue, Glue, Glee!

(A quick aside: If I hadn't known a true bipolar person before, I'd think I'm a prime candidate. Low and then high. High and then low. Low and then... I seriously give myself a headache. And I don't know what that title means, either.)

But what I came to say is that I've sublimated.

Successfully redirected.

Ah, the power of lunch!

I ate Thai food today with two great people, and my discontent and bitterness has somehow folded itself into possibility. I learned about some new volunteer opportunities in new places within my church. Dear and Rational Spouse may have a heart attack when he reads this, but I have big plans for myself! BIG plans! (Don't roll your eyes. I'm SERIOUS.) I am on a long-range mission to free myself from things I don't have passion for and the other volunteers who make me crazy, while adding work in places that challenge or grow my soul. I will know and speak the Truth! And the truth (while potentially taking up more of my time) will also set me free!

Just thinking about it, I'm light as a feather!

Now, I'm STILL supposed to show up for lunch w/the old ladies tomorrow, to get fired up for Quadrennial (yes, that's the name of the conference. and, no, no one knows what that means. How about a THEME, ladies?) Just between you and me, I won't be attending this big-time, big-expense, big-commitment event. But it'll just be our little secret. :)
And, I still have 8 board meetings at which to take minutes, a new committee for praise & worship service, the possibility of becoming a "liturgist" -- whatever the hell that is, and Jeremy, hon, you maybe should have stopped reading by now -- plus a women's Bible study to find a substitute teacher and a nursery worker for. But all in all, I am racheting down my commitments.

No Pumpkin Patch. No more kid's church. The list goes on....

Light as a feather, I tell ya'. A Forrest freakin' Gump feather.

And now I have to go buy fax ink. Hope I can press the gas pedal, as light as I feel.



(Upon a quick re-read, I imagine some bipolar tendancies could actually be documented. For the second time today, let's keep something our little secret.)

1 comment:

nikki said...

all of that makes me feel tired and burnt out!!!
:)
n