I can't remember right now why I've been collecting random writing samples from my 6-year-old... or where I wanted to go with this post. But, in the month of his 7th birthday, just past the middle of his First Grade year, these little snippets of scholarhood must be worth saving!
Each comes from a worksheet with some sort of writing prompt. I think the last bit is an aside (as it's written vertically up the page) to explain the answer called for in the prompt. And I think they're learning "writing strategies," from the looks of things...
"My hous has no chimny, is verrrey short, small base, with short rouf."
"Cupid is a unocorn that has wengs across his body bow with a maguc horn. & a metal tayl."
"The number that I put for 1 is the part that is the beginning. 2 is what happens next. 3 is the end."
No comments:
Post a Comment