Run-on sentences notwithstanding, I see some really great things in this kid's academic future. He can logic!
The scene: Hallway, living room and home exterior, as we load up and head out to school this morning.
Starting as I hand him a brush from the hallway bathroom while keeping his toddler brother out of said bathroom cabinets with a blocking ankle and a proffered pacifier, this conversation unfolds...
Miles: Mom. Um... hey, Mom? When we lived in Colorado, was our area code 303?
Me: Why YES, hon, it was! How did you know that?
Him: Well, um... your car... that is a Saturn... well, you bought it when I was a baby....
(pause to bend down and fidget for no obvious reason....mumbling while strapping on backpack)
... and I was a baby in Colorado. So, um... um.... well, in that little place-where-you-keep-the-mail, there's this gold thing-that-attaches-to-keys, and, um, it says the name Saturn and also the name Boulder, and that is in Colorado, I know.
...
Me: .... OK. So, what?! That wasn't the end of your explanation, was it?
Him: Oh, and so on the little gold thingy under the "SATURN OF BOULDER" (uses formal reading voice) is their phone number. And it starts with a 3. Well, actually, 303. And so that's how I guessed.
And then he walks past me, munching the rest of his granola bar across the driveway, saying with crumbs coating his lips: "I think the peanut butter ones are definitely the crunchiest. I think that because I have eaten every flavor. And I observed it."
Oh, how we love that Miles! What's better than brains PLUS a slightly nutball sense of scientific observation?
3 comments:
Wow look at the new blog design! Very hip! Tell Miles I like the peanut butter ones too. And what a great observer he is!
I agree. Peanut butter ones are the best. But I had never observed that they were the crunchiest ones. Maybe because I have never had all the flavors and hadn't had the opportunity to make that observation.
Well done M man. Well done.
I can hardly wait to see Miles this summer and possibly get to know him. He sounds like quite the observer! - aunty Ellen
Post a Comment