5.24.2010

Miles Writes

So I wanted to compare two grade levels, to create this inspiring display of growth and learning I could print out and show my eldest kid, in support of his own burgeoning skills. ...But not so much, when I actually went to do it.

I'm not sure much, um, grammatical progress has been made from the 1st to the 2nd grade. But I'll take what I can get. And I don't get many writing samples back from school.

As I examine them again (skipping the red-pen impulse in me and trying to get at the "voice" in the text"), I'm not discouraged. Not at all.

...Though he would deny it and doesn't like the discipline of it, I'm still hopeful that what we have on our hands here -- is a WRITER! ;)


Miles writing sample, last six weeks 1st grade:

A life-size baby giraffe is bigger than you wold think. It's eye is about as big as your fist. It hase a very long neck. On it's very long neck there is a mane. It has a long leg its coverd in hair. The baby giraffe has yellow fur and on top of that is brown spots. The baby giraffe has hoofs like cylinders.



Miles writing sample, last six weeks of 2nd grade:

Today we named our invetions. The name of my invention is the Speaker Cheater what it does is it makes a video game last longer. Today we also started building our inventions it was very fun but also chalenging. We put batteries, cables, plugs and many, many more! Oh I almost forgot we also went to veseted the Thomas Edison museum we looked at the phonograph. We also looked at Thomas Edison's lab today we looked at the light bulb. It was very fun and cool. We also stored our inventions in a gigantonormus vault.

{Added later:}

I relly, relly, relly hope that I get a patent on the Speaker Cheater and I can't wate until I make my next invention or inovation.

No comments: