8.16.2006

Kitchen Chat

So I made really good cookies today. REALLY good cookies!

...Maybe the best cookies I have ever made.

They were baked on one of those silicon mats that goes over the aluminum cookie sheet (only I think my cookie sheet is some high-tech, withstand-the-heat-of-the-sun compound that has very little aluminum in it, thus explaining the carpal tunnel-crushing WEIGHT of it --- and I digress).

While I secretly thought the silicon mat might be an indulgent, yuppy-type toy I really did not need but was convinced to buy because A.) it came in cute colors, and B.) it could keep "gunk" buildup off my new, space-aged cookie sheet -- I was wrong. The thing actually makes GREAT cookies! GREAT, I tell ya!

Where have I been? I need to cook more! To innovate. To take notes next time I watch Alton Brown! ...Or just to use the oven more than twice a week.

Oh, Resolutions, thou knowest me well! Go easy, dear good and gentle friend, when next we part -- as always we do. But, pray thee, serveth my family fine foods until then.

1 comment:

Di said...

WAIT!!! COME BACK! What's the recipe?!?!