2.17.2006

Olympic Friday Five

Ahhhh..... Friday!

I would like to celebrate my (hurried, harried) lunch hour by taking part in the RevGals Winter Olympics Friday Five!

Here goes nothin'...

1) Which of the Winter Olympic sports is your favorite to watch?
Fast things, like luge. And events w/ LONG, winding tracks like in downhill skiing (without the crazy flags to run into).

2) Do you speak Snowboardese?
Nope.

3) Define Nordic Combined. Don't look it up. Take a guess if you must.
Does it involve shooting? I know there's one with cross-country skiing and flat-on-your-belly shooting. (I know this, of course, 'cause I'm from Texas. Bad joke this week. But, as a populace, we DO have broad familiarity w/ the gun sports.) Actually, I think it's downhill and cross-country racing in one.

4) Curling. Please discuss.
Fun, fun! I can follow the action; I like the barking of excited foreign words mid-ice (whether rooting for the big rock, the brooms or the Swedish babes, I can't tell); I think I could actually be on a team!
Spouse said last night there are several key reasons why curling might be MY Olympic sport. To wit: 1.) No overt sweating. 2.) Good hair (no helmets). 3.) I really CAN concentrate when I need to.
On the down side, however, my nose is a leaky faucet inside ice rinks. I've tried it. And the other reindeer didn't want this Rudolph dripping on their games.

5) If you could be a Winter Olympics Champion just by wishing for it, which sport would you choose for winning your Gold Medal?
Curling, of course! See above... (I wouldn't want to wish for something less believeable like, say, Super G. I would want my ill-gotten Olympic lucre to SEEM legit. Just the kind of fake I am.)
:)

A big thank you to Songbird for the prompt. That was fun! Time to eat...

No comments: