...Anyone else remember an animated Disney version of Robin Hood? Kinda stale visuals, maybe, but really cute music? With chickens and foxes and a lion as main characters. (I LOVE foxes!) I saw this movie as a kid and memorized all the songs. Especially the "Robin Hood and Little John/ walkin' through the forest..." one. I can't get there just now (RAM not working), but the chorus was something like "Olly golly," rhymes-with-jolly, something, "what a day!"
And I feel like that right now. What a day!
Miles is building a laser out of math "manipulatives" brought home by his father; I am wrapping up phone calls w/ grumpy & demanding people; and Jer is fighting the good fight for more organized lessons in his little concrete bunker down Hwy 64. It hasn't been a bad day, at all. Nor has it been a steller day. But it has been another day, just what I asked for last night. We've all been given one more day, folks, and I feel I should be amply thankful.
Today I'm espeically thankful for Cousin TJ's web site, and the sweetest, bestest baby updates it so willingly divulges! I'm thankful for Grandma Fredia and her very presence in our family. For a dad who calls me up to be his live dictionary/ grammar check. For a February day that demands a fuzzy vest but no winter jacket. For a husband who turns the space heater on before he leaves for work, who mails packages I've long forgotten, who keeps me in coffee and dark chocolate, who reparks cars to face the street and unceasingly speaks love without words. For a house that will always demand updating. For unfinished projects. For a friend who drives me crazy. For a car "enhanced" by my very own progeny plus some spray paint.
For all of this, I spead my hands and say "thanks." These are the things that make a life. My life. And for it I am ever grateful.
"Ood-a-lally, ood-a-lally, golly what a day!"
2 comments:
I had the album and remember it as the last line you wrote. i LOVED to sing along with it.
Welcome to the revgalblogpals.
Yep: Brian Bedford provided the voice of Robin, Peter Ustinov was Prince John. Good fun all round. I don't generally care for Disney re-interpretations of stories, but this one was good.
Post a Comment