Miles and I were just working his superhero jigsaw puzzle. M. was putting together Wonder Woman and saw a scrap of torso. Loudly, excitedly, he said: "Oh, look! There are her panties!"
Then he froze, head cocked and brows bent, seeming to realize something had not sounded right about those words. "Oh, I'm sorry. I mean her big-boy underwear."
How does he know to backtrack on a panties reference? This is the kid who just asked me last week, "Do Daddies wear bras, too?"
A few minutes later, we're all in the den and our little potty-user-in-training asks, "Daddy, do you have to pee pee?"
"Not right now, but thanks for reminding me, son."
"OK... Just lemme know when you haffa go!"
Oh, the body-obsessed lives of toddler and parents! (We also spend ample amounts of time discussing gas and belches. Example: "Oh, I burped! Scuse me, I burped! URP. I did it again! Scuse me, I burped. URP....")
Moving on, however... This stream-of-consciousness posting is pretty fun! Now my subject has gone out of scribe range as he attempts to "clean" my room. ("I haffa do it now, and maybe use dose chem-culls.")
I hear muttering and a vague tapping. Jeremy rushes out of the room to retrieve a spray bottle. I also should go, to guard against cell phone damage or credit card loss. Against duvet stains or wall damage. Against pee pee on the carpet. (Sensing a theme?)
*
BLOG PAUSE while child is distracted from cleaning and the entire family spends 5 minutes staring out the kitchen window, tracking a cat across the yard.
*
I'm back at the computer, with a guest poster who is -- eewwww! -- all wet. Wet as in the literal, soppy, watery type of wet. A shock to the hands as I reach down to lift him up. Ugh! And the wet has an unplesant, sharp odor to it. So much for the pint-sized Boy Wonder and his amazing big boy underwear.
It's back to the Pull Ups and the drawing board... Can more potty talk be far behind?
<Cue "Announcer Voice" -------->
To these questions and more, I must trust a real Superpower. And that about wraps Sunday at home. More later, I hope, on the sweetness and sick panic of the past 7 days, how it is to feel put-upon, and perhaps some musing on why cartoon heros need boobs, anyway. (Is that why they call her "Wonder" Woman?)
1 comment:
Yay! Superpee!
Ginger, you should hear the story about Pee Boy, a student that dad got in his classroom last semester (now transferred yet again to another school). Somehow the reference to sharp wetness and pungence brought the story back to mind...
Another great read, if a little streamy in consciousness!
Be blessed!
Post a Comment