I think the answer is yes. Yes, He does.
And STILL he places these sparkling, newly-minted humans into the care of the rest of us. I think He has His reasons, but often I find myself wondering. And in wonder. Of all that is "here below."
*
I can't believe my postings have so lapsed, by the way. I've had such good thoughts swirling in my head -- and that usually translates to some mind-stirring at the keyboard -- but time has been short all month.
I have had the best Advent. Really. I haven't been as devout as I think I should/ could be, but all the same I have felt the season step inside and settle into me. I have anticipated Christmas. Not the single Day, so much, as all the days that lead up to and make this a Christian holiday. The celebration and the reflection and the weight of it all has been with me. I am so in touch with my continued need for a savior, and at the same time, I am so joyously happy with what He has already saved me from and for.
(Note to any redheaded husbands who might be reading: I probably don't seem all that joyous. Or content. Much of the time. But, baby, I am! I think maybe these qualities take a while to move from the inside out. And old habits, like living in Sturm und Drang, are hard to break.)
That's all for now, as real life and vacation time pull insistently at my sleeve. More later, when I hope to, in some fitting way, share Miles' experiences and perceptions of Christmas. A bit of foreshadowing: Our tree has bells and stars and webs, oh my!
No comments:
Post a Comment