3.29.2011

To Sum It Up

I think I need a tagline.

Not a pithy explanation or an abbreviated About Me or a blogging mission statement -- but a real tagline. A marketing slogan so immediately clever and memorable you can "read my brand" from a billboard two exits away.

I've been thinking about it (because I do a lot of thinking when I'm avoiding doing any writing), and I've been thinking that what this little, struggling, oft-neglected blog needs is something tagline-ey under the header... you know, like I'm runnin' with the big dogs. (wink.)

And by that of course I mean, as if I'm one of those *real* blogs that we all love to read, that we make regular destinations, that we follow on Google Reader. (Hey, I've heard of such. Even if I don't participate in all that new-fangled, fancified blogginess.) I mean the kind of blog you felt so lucky to have stumbled onto, that first time you followed a link or clicked a button and pulled up writing that instantly reached you. The kind of blog that has personality, that catches you up in its point of view and leaves you thinking you have just met a real, accessible person. A blog after a woman's own heart.

That's what I'm goin' for here. A blog after MY own heart.

Only my heart has no writing discipline and likes to embrace the shortcut and so, instead of SHOWING you that, I'd much rather just TELL ya in about 7 words or less.

A tagline is the way. :D

See? I really have given this a lot of (procrastinating) thought. And I actually came up with one.

It happened after I noticed how far back my archives went. After I started thinking about the things I was writing way back then. And how they are similar to the things I'm still working out now. And I came up with something that says, in the nicest way possible, "I may not progress much over time, because I am pretty clearly a SLOW emotional and spiritual learner, destined to repeat lessons while struggling with a fierce combination of laziness and impatience -- but stick around if you can put up with that, 'cause I sure do try to love this journey, whenever I stop to notice where I am."

Or, tagline style: "Embracing the smallness of my humanity, since 2004."

No comments: