"A bared soul is the new accessory, the midriff of the Internet age." -- Stacy Schiff in a New York Times column, published June 8, 2005
She was writing so wittily about (among other things) blogging. And don'tcha love that? As sincere as this medium can be, Ms. Way With Words is RIGHT. A lot of soul-baring online is just for effect.
As for me, only a dilettante (OK, OK, "part-timer" sounds less snotty) in the journaling world, I can but HOPE to sincerely bare something so deep as a soul. (I'm not even down with the midriff, really, so you can imagine my discomfort at flashing the flab INSIDE...)
As I try to restart a blogging routine, I do hope to be brave enough to lift a corner on things true and real about Ginger, attractive or ugly as they may turn out to be.
I'll work on some down-home, grassroots soul-baring before the summer is out. Until then, I'll probably skip trendy accessorizing all together.
Viva Labor Day and the end of swimsuit season!
No comments:
Post a Comment